Monday, February 8, 2010

Cock-sized carrots, apparently...

Last year I pilfered some lunch off my boss Guy as it looked so nice.

This is Guy:

It was in fact his Thai Spiced Salad that he'd bought in from home. It really was 'mazin, so I asked him for the recipe. Here it is: (in the form in which I received it, cock sizes may vary)


If you cant see it, here is what it says:

8-10 people

(for the salad)

2 icebergs shreded
1 red small red cabage finely diced
half cucmber deseeded into ribbons
2 large cock-sized carrots into ribbons
3 bird's eye chillis deseeded finely diced
3-4 spring onions juliened
2 handfuls of coriander

(for the dressing)

1 part olive oil
2 part white wine vinegar
tblsp honey
1.5 tsp soy sauce
dash of fish sauce
juice of 2 limes
1 clove garlic crushed
finely grated ginger 1 knob of

I think the best way of tackling the salad part is to treat it like a chopped salad, and get the bits all small and mouth-sized. I used a mandolin to I made this. The dressing is a rough guide as it can be altered to suit your taste. I pretty much stuck to it though, but slightly upped the amount of soy that I put in. I had it as an accompanyment to some grilled chicken breast. It was well nice.

No comments: